The ServiceNow enhanced generic adapter gives us the opportunity to integrate Micro Focus Universal Discovery and CMDB with ServiceNow over SOAP or REST connector. The adapter itself is developed by Do IT Wise on top of the uCMDB Generic Adapter Framework.
The integration supports two independent integration jobs:
- Data Push into ServiceNow
- Population from ServiceNow
The adapter enables the user to integrate CIs, their attributes, and relationships to mimic the topology from one CMDB to other. The integration uses the XML mapping framework to enable the dynamic mapping of CI types, without requiring specific code changes or modifications in the adapter’s behavior. The Graphic Mapping tool can be used to speed up the creation of the mapping files. In addition to that, it has the capability to retrieve and display the destination and source class models for a better view of the CMDB structure.
This integration solution supports pushing and populating CIs to/from ServiceNow starting from Micro Focus Universal Discovery and CMDB 10.22 CP19. ServiceNow is supported from Fuji release.
SOAP/REST communication workflow
- Web services Security
- Dedicated Logging
- Connector retry mechanism
- Population return global_id mechanism
- Coalesce field mapping mechanism
- SNOW class model fetching
- Incremental update mechanism
- Version 1 – released with Micro Focus Universal Discovery and CMDB CP19
- Version 2 – will be released with Micro Focus Universal Discovery and CMDB CP24
No doubt, this is the best solution for integrating Micro Focus Universal Discovery and CMDB and ServiceNow on the market for a number of reasons:
- Easy configuration (95% of the configuration on both sides is automated)
- A wide selection of OOTB integration jobs which comes with the adapter. They cover the most used topologies in the Enterprise world like Windows and Unix topologies.
- Very flexible in terms of creating mapping files
- Very flexible in terms of creating push/population TQLs on UCMDB side
- Extremely easy tracing of the integration workflow because of the dedicated logging
- In case of a push, you can choose between SOAP/REST connector depends on which one gives better integration performance for you
- Last but not least, it is secured because of the https and WS Security technologies